~UPDATED: 5/18/2020, 3:00 pm~
In accordance with CDC and State guidance and in the interests of helping to protect the health and safety of the public and more than 8,000 County employees from transmission and further spread of COVID-19, Fresno County departments are taking proactive measures to minimize staffing, modify business hours and practices, and maintain levels of critical service delivery. Please continue to follow this post for the latest information on County Department hours and services as they continue to evolve.
We understand the frustration and inconvenience that may accompany these temporary changes and we appreciate your patience and understanding through this challenging time.
In an effort to protect citizens and staff from the virus that causes COVID-19, our office is limiting public contact as much as possible and closing our offices to the public. Essential services will be by appointment only. Please call 559-600-7510 and select extension 6 to schedule an appointment for the following services:
- Pesticide Permits/OID-We will process in person new permits and renewals only, changes or additions to current permits can be done over the phone and by fax or email. NOI’s should be emailed/faxed.
- PCA, PCB, FLC registrations
- ACP citrus compliance agreements
- Industrial Hemp registrations for immediate planting only
- Certified Producers Certificates that need immediate renewal to sell at a market
We will be assisting customers as much as possible over the phone or through fax/email. Our staff will continue to issue phytosanitary certificates at packing sheds and conduct necessary inspections as well as respond to pesticide complaints. We will also be performing the behind the scenes work such as pest detection and exclusion activities, crop report, and certified seed activities.
The Fresno County Assessor’s Office will not be able to provide services for walk-in customers until further notice. In the meantime, we will continue to serve you as described below. The following information can be found by visiting https://www.co.fresno.ca.us/departments/assessor
- Assessed Value Lookup
- Assessment Roll
- Real Property Assessment
- Property Transfer
- Business Personal Property
- Property Exemptions
General Phone Calls and Emails – Phone calls, voicemails and emails will be answered based on availability of Please call (559) 600-3534. If you have trouble getting through, please be patient and try again. You may also send your questions via email to AssessorWebmail@fresnocountyca.gov.
Public service counters remain open to the public, however taxpayers are encouraged to make use of available alternate means to make tax payments or conduct other business with the County.
AVAILABLE PAYMENT OPTIONS:
U.S. POSTAL SERVICE: Payments made by check and money order should include a tax bill stub and made payable to: Fresno County Tax Collector. Payments by mail should be sent to:
FRESNO COUNTY TAX-COLLECTOR
P.O. BOX 1192
FRESNO, CA 93715-1192
PAY BY PHONE or ONLINE: Payments can be made by credit card (2.25% fee), Debit Card ($3.29 fee), and eCheck ($1.50 fee) by calling our automated phone system at 559-600-3482 or by visiting our website at: https://www2.co.fresno.ca.us/0410/FresnoTTCPaymentApplication/.
PAYMENT DROPBOXES: Three Drop Boxes will be available at the two locations below to deposit your check or money order payments from March 30 to April 10, 2020.
- Parking lot of the Hall of Records, 2281 Tulare Street, Fresno CA 93721
- Parking lot of the Dept. of Social Services Campus located at W. Pontiac and Pelco Way in Clovis
DRIVE THROUGH: Those requiring a receipt for your check or money order payment must use the new drive-through location located at the Northwest corner of M Street and Kern Street in Downtown Fresno, which will be open Monday March 30, 2020 and April 1 through April 10, 2020, excluding weekends from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
LOBBY OF THE HALL OF RECORDS: For those unable to utilize alternate payment methods, our public service counters remain open with social distancing measures in place to help protect public health and safety of the public and our staff. Payments will be accepted here Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM excluding Tuesday March 31, 2020. All payment types will be accepted on Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
EXTENDED HOURS: Beginning March 30 through April 10, 2020, our office will be open from 7:00 to 8:00 AM, Monday to Friday exclusively to accommodate those taxpayers age 60 and older and those who have conditions that put them in a high-risk category for complications from COVID-19.
On Saturday, April 4, 2020 our office will be open from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM for all taxpayers.
Walk-in areas at our main office location and co-locate offices (Selma/Reedley/Jobs 2K) are closed to the public until further notice. Customers are encouraged to conduct their Child Support related business using one of the following methods:
- Customers can call (866) 901-3212, or
- by using our online case service option, Customer Connect, which is the best option at this time. In Customer Connect, customers can send an electronic message to a worker and set-up text messaging options.
Customers who normally make cash payments using the kiosk in our lobby are encouraged to use our PayNearMe service which is available at 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, CVS, and Ace Cash Express Stores. Customers will need a payment code, which they can get by calling (866) 901-3212.
We appreciate your understanding during this time, and we hope that everyone stays healthy and safe.
- Marriage license applicants will be limited to the couple only.
- Wedding ceremonies are suspended until further notice.
- It is strongly recommended that Fictitious Business Name filings be submitted via U.S. Mail only.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to maintain appropriate social distancing while visiting our office.
- Customers without time-sensitive business with the County Clerk’s office should consider postponing their visit to our office.
- More information is available at http://votefresnocounty.com/ or call (559) 600-2575
The Fresno County District Attorney’s Office will be closed to the public until further notice. You may call (559) 600-3141 to contact the office for further information.
As of May 18, 2020, most Fresno County library branches have reopened with limited services. There is still NO public access inside Library facilities, but limited services available include:
- Limited services provided outside of our buildings
- Walk-up or curbside check-out, returns, and mobile printing
- Call branch for additional instructions and information
- Questions and help with Library cards by phone
- For more info on services, hours and locations, click here.
During the Library closure:
- No fines or late fees will be assessed on any library materials.
- All due dates will be automatically extended through April 20, 2020.
- We ask that patrons not return any materials to the Library’s branches or bookdrops, which may be locked; Instead, simply hold on to any library materials until the Library opens for business.
- All holds will be suspended and will resume when the Library reopens.
- The Library’s WIFI will not be available.
- All programs, classes, and events are cancelled. This includes any scheduled meetings being held in library community rooms.
- Library eServices staff will be updating the website and ensuring online services and databases remain seamless.
The Library’s abundant online resources, including research databases, digital magazines and newspapers like The Fresno Bee, OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks, Kanopy streaming videos, and Freegal streaming music will continue to be available 24/7 with your library card from the Library’s website: www.fresnolibrary.org.
In-person employment testing has been postponed until further notice.
Public access to Probation Department offices is suspended temporarily until further notice. This includes public access and visiting at the Juvenile Justice Campus. Although public assess to our offices is suspended, we continue to be available by telephone at the numbers below:
- AB 109 600-7399
- Adult Services DV/AOWP/Field Bank 600-1705
- Adult Services Drug Suppression Unit 600-3800
- Adult Services Field Special Services Unit 600-6040
- Adult Services Superior Court Investigations 600-3420
- Juvenile Justice Campus Booking 600-5040
- Juvenile Justice Campus Commitment 600-4977
- Juvenile Justice Campus Detention 600-5020
- Juvenile Probation- Courthouse 600-3996
- Personnel 600-4825
- Pre-Trial 600-9590
- Victim Services 600-2822
The Fresno County Public Defender’s Office is closed to the public until further notice in order to protect the health and safety of both clients and employees. Attorney staff will continue to be present in the courtrooms and conduct non-contact interviews at the jail as necessary. If you have questions about your case or need to contact your attorney you may still call us at (559) 600-3546. For Juvenile matters please contact (559) 600-6155.
The Fresno County Department of Public Works and Planning will close all public counters effective Monday, March 23, 2020. The closure will be in effect until further notice. Services provided by the Department will continue through alternative methods as listed below:
Design Division: (including bid submittals, RFP submittals)
- Please email DesignServices@fresnocountyca.gov or call (559) 600-4109 for more information
Development Services Division: (including building plan check submittals and review, building permit issuance, building inspection requests and services, land use and mapping application submittals, grading permit issuance and inspections, Williamson Act administration, record of survey and corner record submittals, zoning information inquires)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 600-4497 or (559) 600-4540 for more information
Financial Services Division: (including water/wastewater payments, park reservation payments, annual park passes)
- Please email PWPBusinessOffice@fresnocountyca.gov or call (559) 600-4291 for more information
Resources Division: (including park reservations, C&D permits, waste management plans, NEWHA/ESAP contracts/payments, community cleanup vouchers, special event permits)
- For Park inquiries (including special event permits) please email email@example.com or call (559) 600-3004
- For Solid Waste inquiries (including C&D Permits, waste management plans, NEWHA/ESAP contracts or payments, and Community Cleanup vouchers) inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 600-4259
Road Maintenance Division: (including encroachment or improvement permits, plan submittals, transportation permits, road issues)
- Please email email@example.com or call (559) 600-4240 for more information
Water and Natural Resources Division: (including water well yield tests, SGMA administration, low income housing loans, tourism, and film commission activities)
- Please email WaterAndNaturalResources@fresnocountyca.gov or call (559) 600-4292 for more information.
Please visit our website www.fresnocountyca.gov/publicworks for additional information
ALL FRESNO COUNTY PARKS AND CAMPGROUNDS ARE OPEN AT 50% CAPACITY WITH PHYSICAL DISTANCING MEASURES IN PLACE
As a precautionary measure to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the Recorder’s Office will not be able to provide services for walk-in customers until further notice. In the meantime, we will continue to serve you as described below.
- Real Estate – There will be no real estate recording accepted for walk-in customers. Electronic recording through title companies remains unchanged. We will continue to process documents sent through the mail as usual. We will also have a drop box located outside of the Hall of Records at 2281 Tulare Street, Fresno, CA 93721 to drop off real estate recordings.
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Records Requests – Requests for vital records (birth, death, and marriage records) submitted online through the Vitalchek service, as well as requests through the mail will continue to be processed as usual. Completed requests will be returned through the US Please visit https://www.co.fresno.ca.us/departments/recorder/how-to-get-copies for requesting records.
- Official Record Purchases – Official records (purchase of copies) submitted through the mail will be processed as usual. Completed requests will be returned through the US Please visit https://www.co.fresno.ca.us/departments/recorder/recorder-fee-schedule for the Recorder’s fee schedule.
- Phone Calls and Emails – Phone calls, voicemails and emails will be answered based on availability of Please call (559) 600-3476 for questions regarding vital records (birth, death, and marriage) and (559) 600-3471 for questions regarding recorded documents. If you have trouble getting through, please be patient and try again. You can also send your questions via email to RecorderWebmail@fresnocountyca.gov .
For copy request forms, updates and additional information, please call the numbers above or visit https://www.co.fresno.ca.us/departments/recorder .
The Fresno County Sheriff has suspended all in-person and video conferencing visits at the three Fresno County Jail facilities in downtown Fresno until further notice. The suspension of visitations to secure areas of the jails applies to the general public, program officials, religious groups and tour groups. Legal visits will not be impacted; inmates will still be allowed to meet in person with their attorneys.
Jail lobbies remain open for people to conduct day to day business such as access to TouchPay kiosks, property collection, Live Scan services, etc.
During the temporary suspension, inmates still have the ability to make telephone calls 24 hours a day and may still receive mail. Please send mail to the following address:
Fresno County Jail
Attn: Inmate name
Jail ID # and Booking #
PO Box 872
Fresno, CA 93712
All public lobbies are implementing practices to minimize in-person public contact. Clients are being asked to drop off their request and DSS staff will process, and phone interviews are being conducted if needed.
For all public assistance programs, clients are encouraged to use alternative methods to access services and information:
Apply for Benefits at www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- Benefit programs: CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKs, and General Relief
- You will be contacted by telephone and mail to inform you of the date and time of your telephone interview.
Personal Access to Social Services (P.A.S.S.) – Visit DSSPASS.fresnocountyca.gov
- Access Case Information
- Download Grant Verifications (WHIS reports)
- Upload Documents and verifications
Need to reschedule your appointment or missed your appointment? Call: 1-855-832-8082
- Hours of operations: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Request a new Medi-Cal BIC card by calling 1-877-600-1377 and follow the prompts
- Available 24 hours a day
Request a replacement EBT card by calling 1-877-328-9677
- Available 24 hours a day
- You will never be asked for your PIN Number
24/7 Automated System: 1-877-600-1377
- Case and Benefit Information
For Protective services such as Child Welfare, Adult Protective Services and IHSS the federal government has not changed the face-to-face interview requirements but we are working to minimize the time and number of home visits needed.